Daily Archives: September 16, 2020
The president was interviewed by Paul Hooper about the season ahead.
With recent Government announcements, and assuming health metrics are met, we are planning for:
- Outdoor training can resume October 26, exact size of group(s) are to be determined
- Matches will commence November 14
A working party of 7 club presidents and the CoM have determined:
- Play will commence on Saturday November 14, under the assumption health metrics are met and the rules of the day allow
- The season will consist of 14 one day games, including finals, there will be no two day cricket
- 80 and 70 over grades only will be offered in the one day format
Junior cricket will be aiming for the same start date pending further information and understanding they can probably cope with less pre season. Juniors are a little different from a fixturing perspective with the need to work more closely with RDCA & ECA. Veterans cricket is to be advised but will take a strong lead from Saturday afternoon cricket in terms of timing.
The season start date and one day cricket only is consistent with Cricket Victoria recommendations and also aligned with other metropolitan competitions.
There are ongoing meetings between Cricket Victoria along with state and local government seeking clarification about resumption of training and matches. We are also seeking clarification on Covid practices clubs and venues will need to have in place to ensure training and games can proceed.
Continual updates are being shared with your club presidents and will be provided as the picture becomes clearer.
With regional Victoria easing restrictions, including non contact sport commencing, as well as other states, and territories, starting their seasons we will have real examples of how the new environment looks and operates to help us get our season going.
Stay safe. BHRDCA CoM