Sorry there was one small, but very crucial typo in the first distribution of below…
For Sat am split innings matches, Team A will cease their innings at 10.05am, not 9.05 am.
To all BHRDCA Junior Co-ordinators, please ensure the following is passed on to relevant team manages. In fact it is advised to ensure all team managers have a copy at their matches
Re- Urgent changes to Junior grades playing 2-day matches under split innings rules, as decided by the Junior Executive Meeting on 30/10/2014. This supersedes all other rules and summaries regarding which grades observe split innings rules.
This is to inform you that All Two-day Under 12 Grades (Friday & Saturday, including A grade), and Under 14B (Friday & Saturday) competitions ARE TO BE played as per Split Innings Match Rules.
- The Matches are to be played per the BHRDCA Junior Rules for Split innings. Friday matches are still 44 Overs per day, with the first batting team (team A) to cease their innings by the earlier of 22 Overs or by 6:20 (regardless of how many overs have been bowled), with a maximum break for 5 – 10 minutes, after which the second batting team (team B) should receive the same number of overs as Team A did, finishing by 7.50 p.m. This format is to be followed on both day 1 and day 2.
- For Saturday morning, split innings matches are 50 overs per day, with the first batting team (team A) to cease their innings by the earlier of 25 Overs or by 10.05 am (regardless of how many overs have been bowled), with a maximum break for 5 – 10 minutes after which the second batting team (team B) should receive the same number of overs as Team A did, finishing by 11.50 a.m. This format is to be followed on both day 1 and day 2.
- The Split Innings format provides both teams, with an equal opportunity in Friday two day matches, to complete a component of their batting and bowling in early daylight, and in late daylight so that the matches are played under the same conditions (where they can be) each week. The break between innings is not to be used for a major meal break. Both teams are to have a quick drink and (some food if desired, and team mangers should get the game going again ASAP. This is especially important during the months of October and November. Note, day 2 of Friday matches can go to 8pm, to ensure a result, but only if daylight permits.
- For Saturday matches these rules should help to ensure the first innings each day is ceased in a timely manner, and that should ensure that the second innings can be completed well before midday. Note day 2 of split innings matches can still go to midday, if a result is imminent.
- However, Except where the Rules allow, if a result cannot be achieved within the timeframe specified, the match result will be a draw. Team managers are reminded that it is their responsibility to ensure scorebooks are correct at stumps each day, and their opposition manager has signed their book.
- Another small change to help ensure matches are completed on time: in All U14 B grade matches (Friday and Saturday) bowlers are to bowl a maximum of 8 ball overs, which along with Friday matches, bowling 5 over spells from one end will help to ensure matches are completed on time.
In all circumstances Team Managers and Coaches should communicate and exercise their common-sense to ensure that Junior boys and girls enjoy their cricket and play the game in the spirit in which they can all enjoy participating.
Apologies for these late changes, but we are sure that all will agree that it is for the benefit of the junior players.
Junior Competition Manager, BHRDCA
M: 0432 660 951