Please note MyCricket has been updated to reflect the provisional Grand Final venues for all Senior & Junior grades.
NOTE: These will be subject to Local Council approval from Boroondara, Manningham & Whitehorse Councils, which we expect to receive in the next 24 -48 hours
Good luck to all competing Clubs
The BHRDCA and Cricket Victoria are pleased to announce that we are embarking on an Indoor Cricket program over the winter months, (Term 2 and Term 3)which is open to boys and girls who currently play in the Under 12 and Under 14 age groups.
Please see attached flyer for details
This is a great way to enhance every facet of cricket as all kids bat, bowl and field, a great way to improve hand/eye coordination whilst having fun.
Team consist of 6 a side and only takes an hour on a Monday night where club plays club wearing your coloured cricket shirts. (eg Nunawading V Blackburn)
At a cost of $80 per player for the 8 week term with equipment provided it is certainly cost effective, the matches will be played at the Box Hill Action Indoor Centre.
This may also be an opportunity for friends of current club players to try their hand at cricket, potentially being a recruit the following outdoor season as indoor cricket can have an electrifying buzz about it.
If you have any questions or queries please do not hesitate to call me on 0450 336 992. Tom Anderson
Junior Cricketers “Woolworths Blasters” and “Master Blasters” ‘Have a Go’ day!
- This Sunday 23rd from 10am at Kalang Park
- 20~30 minutes of skill-based activities (based on “Woolworths Blasters” format).
- Followed by up to x4 separate “Master Blast” T20 short-format games (approx. 10 children in each match) which last for ~60 minutes.
- Mixed-ages, mixed abilities, across the oval at Kalang Park – Kalang Street, Blackburn (home of the Laburnum Cricket Club).
- A (fruit) morning tea for the Blast cricketers will be provided.
Senior Cricketers (spectators):
- This is a T20 inter-club competition from 12.30.
- The “Golden Duck” Café will be open (featuring Dim-sims & famous hot-chips!), and a BBQ will be on later in the afternoon.
- A “Treadcare” ‘Player of the Match’ medal will be awarded after the game to each team.
- We have created and will be playing for the “Treadcare Tyres Community Cup” (established 2020).