With just under 2 weeks to go until this fantastic day preparations are in full swing.
Lets make this day what it meant to be all about,remember our beautiful friend and make her proud. I’m certain she will send the sunshine.
There will be something for everyone and the day is sure to be one to remember.
Of course all funds raised on the day will go to the great cause of research into stomach cancer.
Look forward to seeing everyone there on the day.
Chris Reid – President
Mulgrave Wheelers Hill Cricket Club
Mobile : 0457 086 106
Email : MWHCCpresident@gmail.com
If you are a sporting organisation with a long history, this grant may interest you.
Sporting organisations do win this. We won this grant last year for Moreland City Football (Soccer) Club to purchase a cabinet to “Display our Soccer (and Victorian immigration) history”) and some audio visual equipment for “My World is Round” to capture the history of Football (Soccer) in Victoria (“Recording of oral history of Victorian “Soccer” migrants).
Link to last year’s winners: https://www.prov.vic.gov.au/round-15-recipients-2016-2017 to possibly stimulate some ideas.
The grant will fund items that help preserve, record and share the local, social and community history of Victoria and Victorians. Refer below to what will be funded.
So if you are interested in telling your story, let us know.
The grant will fund the following:
- The recording of oral histories
- The preparation of local history e-publications
- Conservation of objects and records. If a conservator is engaged, they should be a member of the Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials (AICCM) http://aiccm.org.au/need-a-conservator
- Cataloguing of objects and records
- The development and production of exhibitions
- Web projects that provide local history information or resources
- Training in local history or collection management skills
- The design and production of interpretation panels and heritage walks
- The digitisation and publishing of collection items and local history information (Note that this does not include the digitisation of public records)
- Digital storytelling including film and DVD projects
- Apps for mobile devices
- Consultancy fees for the provision of specialist skills not found within the organisation
- The purchase of archival quality materials
- The purchase of museum standard storage cases. The LHGP will only fund the purchase and installation of museum standard storage products and display cases
- Newspaper digitisation projects. If your project requires material support from the State Library of Victoria (SLV), a letter acknowledging this agreement must be supplied as part of the application.
Apologies for communicating this grant later than we would have liked due to other grant deadlines and the festive season. But we can certainly lodge on time by next Wednesday 31st January if you are interested.
0476 165 683
Girls U16 EMUS team have made the grand final and are playing this Sunday against Northern Rivers at Box Hill City Oval , crn Middlelbourgh rd and Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill 9.30am start.
They would love support this Sunday. Alot of the girls have played in the Wed night comp and it is a great way to show the girls how the pathway continues with their cricket.
This is a great venue and exciting cricket ! They hope to see a huge crowd there on Sunday.
DONT FORGET ROUND 2 GRANTS CLOSE 24TH JAN 2018 – have you put in an application. its not to late to contact Rob from Grants Professional at email@example.com
CLICK LINK BELOW
I’m Bill Karametos, Regional Community Development Manager for the Alcohol and Drug Foundation’s Good Sports program and I want your cricket clubs to join the program!
Good Sports is Australia’s largest and longest running health initiative in community sport. We’ve helped over 8,000 clubs to strengthen their local communities. Participation in Good Sports will enable your clubs to meet their duty of care obligations to members and visitors, while creating a safer, more enjoyable club environment for all, resulting in a stronger association for you.
If your clubs join Good Sports and become Good Sports Level 1 accredited before 23 March 2018, they have the chance to win $5000 in Kookaburra vouchers, thanks to the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) and Cricket Victoria.
This isn’t just limited to new Good Sports clubs; existing Good Sports clubs can also go in the draw to win these great prizes by moving to the next level of the program. All clubs can simply register at www.goodsports.com.au
The Competition – http://goodsports.com.au/become-good-sports-club-and-win/
PRIZES ON OFFER INCLUDE:
First prize: 2 x $5000 Kookaburra vouchers
Second prize: 1 x $2500 Kookaburra voucher
Third prize: 1 x $1000 Kookaburra voucher
If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me on 9611 6103. I look forward to chatting to clubs and strengthening the partnership between Victorian cricket clubs and Good Sports.
As per senior rule 2 h (i) all games played last week are abandoned and will be played as 1 day fixtures this weekend.
One day games in H grade will be declared draws and team sheets can be entered.
Permits granted last week will stand for this week. Any new permits need to be applied for as per the normal conditions and received by no later than 10 pm Thursday night.
Nunawading Cricket Club we will be celebrating 90 years of Nunawading history on Saturday 10th February 2018.
On this day we will also be acknowledging the premiership milestones for
1967/1968, 1977/1978, 1990/1991 and 2002/2003 and we also welcome all Past Players, Supporters and sponsors.
please see attached on the flyer for full details.
If anyone has any old photos of our history can you please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org