BHRDCA & COVID-19 Update
As you are aware, COVID-19 has thrown everyday life into chaos as facts are presented and recommendations made by Government, councils and national sporting bodies.
There are different views on how to manage this for sporting bodies and indeed different plans of action invoked.
A major challenge is the continually evolving information flow and the unprecedented scale of impact to our communities; be that family, work or recreational.
Self isolation, social distancing, reporting immediately if you feel unwell, increased hand sanitisation are constant messages designed to curb the spread and to help manage the virus.
Currently the BHRDCA has cancelled the President’s lunch this Saturday with an announcement on Junior Presentation night in the next 36 hours. An announcement on the Senior Presentation night will be made next week.
We are working with various bodies regarding day two of the Kookaburra Ray McIntosh Shield Grand Final this Saturday at East Burwood. We would like to be able to complete the match but also understand this possibility may be taken out of our hands.
There will be updates as soon as possible, whilst appreciating we are not necessarily the sole decision maker in most instances.
We appreciate your patience in these unheralded times and hope everyone stays safe and can look after each other.