Due to unforeseen circumstances the VMCU Junior Trial matches scheduled for this Sunday 6th December, have all been relocated to new Venues.
- The Under 12 Trial match will now be held at Mirrabooka Reserve – West Oval (Blackburn South), with players requested to be in attendance by 8:30 a.m. for a 9.00 a.m. commencement
- The Under 14 Trial match will now be held at Ballyshannassy Park – South Oval (East Burwood), with players requested to be in attendance by 8:30 a.m. for a 9.00 a.m. commencement
- The Under 16 Trial match will now be held at Ballyshannassy Park – South Oval (East Burwood), with players requested to be in attendance by 12:00 p.m. for a 12.30 p.m. commencement
Follow up to this communication will also occur via email to all Players later this afternoon.
The BHRDCA CoM apologises for the late notice of these venue alterations.
Craig Hunt – Park Orchards CC
Al Fairbairn – Mitcham CC
Please note the 2020/21 T20 Competition fixtures have been released on MyCricket today, with the first round commencing this coming Tuesday, 24th November
The 2020/21 T20 Rules have also been uploaded to the BHRDCA Website & can be located at Club & Playing Resources > Rules & Regulations > Senior Rules
Good luck to all competing Clubs
The BHRDCA community congratulates Life Member Trevor McGary who is playing his 500th game for East Box Hill CC today. Trevor is the ultimate definition of playing the game in the spirit of cricket.
Trevor is in his 23rd season as a member of the umpires appointment panel and was chair of the tribunal from 2001-2007.
Congratulations Trevor on a great career and contribution to the BHRDCA & EBHCC.
The BHRDCA are saddened to learn of the passing of the BHRDCA’s 24th Life Member, Trevor Hutchins.
Trevor was president of the BHRDCA from 1992/93 until 1997/98.
A Life Member of Nunawading Cricket Club, Trevor excelled on the field playing in four McIntosh Shield premierships, making 238x in one of them.
For further information on Trevor’s significant and highly honoured career record please click on the following link
The BHRDCA offers its sincerest condolences to the Hutchins family and the NCC on the loss of one of its greats
Please note the Minutes from the 2020/21 Special General Meeting, held on 10th Nov. at Vermont CC, just before the commencement of the BHRDCA’s 130th season, are now posted in the Past Meetings folder on the Website (Club & Playing Resources > Past Meetings > 2020/21 Meetings)
Among items of note from the Meeting…
- All proposed Rule changes for the 2020/21 season were passed unanimously (inclusive of a free hit for any No Ball call in all Shield Grades (only)), and
- A shift to Online processing of Umpire Match Payments
- The approval of Affiliation Fees, Honoraria and Umpire Match Fees for 2020/21
The final and most significant decision on the night occurred, when the Delegates voted unanimously to support the bestowing of the BHRDCA’s 38th Life Membership on the current serving President; Peter Rosenthal.
Congratulations Peter on a thoroughly well deserved honour after a decade as BHRDCA President and years more contribution to the BHRDCA on and off the field.
Finally, a reminder to all Clubs, and to assist those Clubs who are e-Scoring this season please ensure your Team Selection lists are posted on MyCricket by 8.00 p.m. Friday night prior to Weekend matches and as soon as possible prior to Junior & Veterans Matches.
Good luck to all the Clubs, Teams and players for the 2020/21 season.
Please note the BHRDCA Over 40’s Fixtures have now been released on MyCricket & the 2020/21 BHRDCA Over 40’s Rules are now also posted on the BHRDCA Website.