All BHRDCA Clubs, officials & players
UPDATE: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Health and Hygiene guidelines for Victorian cricket
As you will be aware, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared COVID-19 Coronavirus at pandemic level internationally.
To reduce the risk of person-to-person transmission of the Coronavirus disease, Cricket Victoria seeks the support of all people involved in the game (whether they be playing, support staff, administrators, volunteers or others) in taking note of the below actions to promote higher levels of sanitisation and individual hygiene.
At this point in time there is no advice that cancellation or postponement of these local fixtures is required, however we urge everyone involved in Victorian cricket to exercise a caution and common-sense approach to their training and match day setups.
The below measures should be put into effect now by all Victorian cricket teams to reduce the spread of all illnesses, including COVID-19:
- Hand sanitiser to be available in team rooms and players/staff encouraged to use it as well as completing hand washing prior to meals
- Players should avoid using saliva as a method of shining the cricket ball
- All players with any form of respiratory or associated illness or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should self-isolate and report this immediately to medical staff and be quarantined from training and all matches until assessed and cleared. Players and coaches should not attend training while ill.
- Do not share drinks, towels, lip balm, sunscreen with others (bring your own)
- Limit change room and training attendance to staff who have an operational reason to be there
- Limit sharing of cricket equipment (other than the ball)
The best way to protect yourself and your family is to pay attention to good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a tissue, or cough into your elbow, dispose of the tissue into a bin and then wash your hands afterwards.
- Wash your hands regularly, after using the toilet and before eating.
- If you have concerns about your health, please see your doctor.
- Healthcare workers are advised to use appropriate infection prevention control measures when looking after patients.
For the latest advice and further information please visit:
Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website
Federal Health Department website
All Clubs & Players,
All Grade cricket in the BHRDCA has been called off for this afternoon – 20th October
All Senior Clubs,
The next Delegates Meeting will be held at Heatherdale CC on Tuesday 2nd October, commencing at 7:30 p.m.
Practice balls and Scorebooks will be distributed before this meeting so your arrival prior to 7:30 to collect these would be appreciated also.
Also note, the Umpires/Captains Meeting will follow the Delegates Meeting, commencing at 8:30 p.m. (NOTE: Where Captains cannot be present, then Delegates may remain as attendees in their place)
The 2016/17 Umpires fees as approved by the BHRDCA CoM and the BHRDCA Umpires Association have now been posted on the BHRDCA Website.
To review them please click on the Umpires tab on the Website and then on the Umpires Fees tab
Please note new versions of the 2015/16 Senior & Junior Rules (inclusive of their conversion to PDF’s), have been posted on the BHRDCA Website (Click on Resources, then Rules, Regulations & Policies).
The Senior Rule updates include further clarification (provided by the BHRDCA Umpires Association) on BHRDCA Local Rules as well as layout changes to make the document more user friendly.
The Junior Rule updates include confirmation, in Attachment 7 (Split Innings Rules), of the introduction of this playing format to all Under 14 and Under 12 (Friday & Saturday Grades) as unanimously voted for inclusion, at the recent Junior Delegates Meeting.
Should any Club wish to discuss these updates, contact the BHRDCA Admin. Mgr.; Steve Flemming on 0420 904 467
At the recent umpires AGM, Steve Markwell stood down at the completion of his 4 year term as the umpires constitution decrees. Pat Lambert was elected to the role of President. Russ Punton remains as Secretary, Neil Glanville as Treasurer and Des Hearn as the Umpires Advisor.
Pat can be contacted on 0434 212 362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and would welcome contact from the Clubs on any issue. Pat will also sit on the Committee of Management as part of his new role.
Congratulations to Pat and thanks to Steve.
This will be held Tuesday March 3 at Vermont CC at 6:45pm
Captains & Umpires Meeting
This will be held Tuesday March 3 at Vermont CC at 8:15pm This is a compulsory meeting for any clubs with teams in finals
The BHRDCA 125th Anniversary Exhibition will be open to to the public on the following days:
Sunday 22 February (11am-3pm)
Monday 23 February (4pm-7pm)
Wednesday 25 February (4pm-7pm)
Venue: The Pavilion, Box Hill City Oval. Crn Middleborough & Whitehorse Rd. Entry by gold coin donation.
Tickets to the gala opening this Saturday are still available. Purchase by visiting: http://www.trybooking.com/GSXN or telephoning 0420 906 197.
If there is one BHRDCA event you can attend this year, make this it!
Senior games to proceed as scheduled, each ground to be assessed on a case by case basis.
Regards, BHRDCA CoM