Episode 18 –
Steve Flemming – BHRDCA Admin Manager
Aaron Walter – Heatherdale CC
Chris Sexton – Yarraleen CC
A article was sent to us thismoring to acknowledge a player at Burwood District CC. check this out, he was on fire!
Bede Allsopp takes 9 wickets in the day to help Burwood District secure an outright win against Nunawading.
Burwood District needed an outright win for chance to join the last four for E Grade semi-finals action.
BDCC set the pace with a score of 4/237 off 32 overs with Shiv Goundan hitting 101 not out.
Bede then took 4 wickets for 16 runs to skittle Nunawading all out for 117 in their 1st innings after 43 overs.
In order to finalise Ladders and arrangements for Semi Final matches, (including identifying opponents and likely venues), it would be appreciated by the BHRDCA CoM, if all Clubs are as prompt as possible with their MyCricket requirements (Team Sheets, Match Details, Line Dismissals & Fielding) at the conclusion of the weekends H & A Rounds in BHRDCA Senior & Junior Sections.
Qualification Forms will be sent out this week to all Senior Clubs with a request to return these asap with likely S/F squads named, inclusive of all details requested on the forms.
Good luck to all clubs & teams vying for a Semi Final berth in their respective matches this weekend.
Here at Topline Cricket our first class TC Autumn Winter Membership is here again.
- Unbeatable, affordable value for Individuals and Fun for the Whole Family
- 22 weeks access to our first class facilities from just $9!
- Starts March 1st – finish off your season and prepare for finals – until July 31st!
- Virtually unlimited access to our first class facilities*
- 5 Bowling Machines to choose from
- Great value for Easter, Term 1 & Term 2 School Holidays
- Remember “No Puddles at Topline” &
At Topline we are open throughout the year! Thanking you in anticipation,
Kind Regards Jim & All the Team at Topline
*T’s & C’s Apply see website for details
1/31-35 Burgess Rd.
Bayswater Nth, 3153
P: (03) 9761 5881
Marty Fincher – East Box Hill CC
Peter White – Veterans Cricket Victoria
Tom Cox – Park Orchards CC
All Clubs, please note
Junior Semi Finals
All Junior Friday Semi Finals are played Wednesday 7th March (Reserve Day is Thursday 8th March) and Friday 9th March (No Reserve Day).
If you can start before 5.00 p.m. then that would be advantageous as sunset is getting earlier each day.
Please note that Wednesday 7th March is also the Semi Final night for the Inner East Girls Competition, so please ensure that if your club has players in both competitions that you contact your opposition and seek an alternative night that suits both clubs as we need to be flexible in the interest of cricket.
Tom Anderson (BHRDCA Jnr. Sect. Mgr.)
T20 Grand Final Podcast – Heatherdale v Forest Hill
Peter Rosenthal – BHRDCA President
Clinton Kennon – Cricket Victoria
Leigh Watts – Kookaburra
Aaron Taun-Henderson – Forest Hill T20 Captain (Post Game)
Heatherdale (Batted First)
With two weeks remaining before the end of the H & A Season, it is important for all Clubs in Grades where Bye Rounds apply, that you understand the MyCricket Ladders will not reflect the applicable Match Ratio Ladders (per BHRDCA Rules). The ladders for these grades can be found on the BHRDCA Website > Club & Playing Resources > Match Ratio Ladder (Click on the most recent dated file for the current Match Ratio Ladders)
Semi Final combatants in the Senior & Junior Grades identified, will be derived from these Ladders and not from those produced via MyCricket.
With just under 2 weeks to go until this fantastic day preparations are in full swing.
Lets make this day what it meant to be all about,remember our beautiful friend and make her proud. I’m certain she will send the sunshine.
There will be something for everyone and the day is sure to be one to remember.
Of course all funds raised on the day will go to the great cause of research into stomach cancer.
Look forward to seeing everyone there on the day.
Chris Reid – President
Mulgrave Wheelers Hill Cricket Club
Mobile : 0457 086 106
Email : MWHCCpresident@gmail.com
Apuwa Sarve – Glen Waverley Hawks CC
Bob Chancellor – Blackburn CC
Shannon Gill – Manningham CC
Please note Match Ratio ladders have been posted for the following Grades…
Senior XI’s – A Grade & H Grade
Junior XI’s – Under 18, Under 14 Fri A, Under 14 Fri B (Blue), U/12 Fri B (Gold)
These ladders will be updated via the Match Ratio Ladder page on this website > Club & Playing Resources > Match Ratio Ladder, until the end of the H & A season, and supersede any MyCricket ladders for these grades.
Rob Bartlett – East Burwood CC
Adam Hardy – Mitcham CC
Paddy Lambert – Umpires President
If you are a sporting organisation with a long history, this grant may interest you.
Sporting organisations do win this. We won this grant last year for Moreland City Football (Soccer) Club to purchase a cabinet to “Display our Soccer (and Victorian immigration) history”) and some audio visual equipment for “My World is Round” to capture the history of Football (Soccer) in Victoria (“Recording of oral history of Victorian “Soccer” migrants).
Link to last year’s winners: https://www.prov.vic.gov.au/round-15-recipients-2016-2017 to possibly stimulate some ideas.
The grant will fund items that help preserve, record and share the local, social and community history of Victoria and Victorians. Refer below to what will be funded.
So if you are interested in telling your story, let us know.
The grant will fund the following:
- The recording of oral histories
- The preparation of local history e-publications
- Conservation of objects and records. If a conservator is engaged, they should be a member of the Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Materials (AICCM) http://aiccm.org.au/need-a-conservator
- Cataloguing of objects and records
- The development and production of exhibitions
- Web projects that provide local history information or resources
- Training in local history or collection management skills
- The design and production of interpretation panels and heritage walks
- The digitisation and publishing of collection items and local history information (Note that this does not include the digitisation of public records)
- Digital storytelling including film and DVD projects
- Apps for mobile devices
- Consultancy fees for the provision of specialist skills not found within the organisation
- The purchase of archival quality materials
- The purchase of museum standard storage cases. The LHGP will only fund the purchase and installation of museum standard storage products and display cases
- Newspaper digitisation projects. If your project requires material support from the State Library of Victoria (SLV), a letter acknowledging this agreement must be supplied as part of the application.
Apologies for communicating this grant later than we would have liked due to other grant deadlines and the festive season. But we can certainly lodge on time by next Wednesday 31st January if you are interested.
0476 165 683
Girls U16 EMUS team have made the grand final and are playing this Sunday against Northern Rivers at Box Hill City Oval , crn Middlelbourgh rd and Whitehorse Rd, Box Hill 9.30am start.
They would love support this Sunday. Alot of the girls have played in the Wed night comp and it is a great way to show the girls how the pathway continues with their cricket.
This is a great venue and exciting cricket ! They hope to see a huge crowd there on Sunday.