Please note: The Australian Cricket College Presidents & Officials lunch scheduled for this Sunday (03/08/14) has been postponed. We will advise the new date when it is announced.
The next meeting will be held at East Burwood on Monday August 11 at 7:45pm.
This is an important meeting as we put forward a further tidy up of existing rules as mentioned at the AGM. There is also new club affiliations to consider and other information on upcoming events.
Welcome to season 2014-15, the 125th Anniversary Year of the BHRDCA.
Attached please find forms for
It would be greatly appreciated if you could complete same as soon as possible and get them back to me so we can update our contact records, website and start the grading process.
Note: they must be back to me by 31 July at the latest.
You will note that the U18 nominations are on the Junior Nominations Form not Senior as in the past.
The Junior Committe would also like to offer a Friday Night U16 grade again this coming season if there is sufficient interest, Ross Chambers will be broaching that with clubs soon.
If you need any further clarification or assistance with the forms (or any other matter) please do not hesitate to contact me.
Hon Sec (BHRDCA)
mob 0420 907 157
The 2014-15 cricket season is set to be the largest on record with the ICC Cricket World Cup, the fourth instalment of the KFC T20 Big Bash League, along with the Boxing Day Test providing an unrivaled opportunity to capitalise on cricket’s popularity.
The season is quickly approaching and to assist your club with its planning, the Inner East Metro Region Committee is pleased to invite you to a Region Forum. This forum will provide key information for all Inner East clubs on the following agenda items:
- Cricket Victoria Pathway Program – Inner East Emus
- MILO in2CRICKET & MILO T20 Blast
- Coach Education information
- BBL|03 season review and BBL|04 opportunities – Presented by Clint Cooper (Melbourne Stars CEO)
- Female Cricket opportunities
- Cricket Australia’s PlayCricket campaign and National Sign On Week
Where: East Burwood Reserve, Burwood Hwy, East Burwood
When: Monday, August 4, 2014
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Who: All club and association committee members, junior coordinators, coaches, volunteers and players are welcome.
To register please: click here and provide your details.
The 125th Anniversary committee, under the Chairmanship of Peter White, has met twice since the AGM, with the members of the Committee all enthusiastically involved in all manner of tasks related to the Anniversary.
In conjunction with the 125th Anniversary Committee and the COM, a theme related to the 125 key people and events of the BHRDCA’s history is being established. This will involve bio’s on the individuals selected and a synopsis on the relevance and importance of events included. These will be displayed on the night in the format of a timeline of the keys points across the association’s history.
Some of the projects and tasks undertaken to date or now underway include…
- Settling on a Date & Venue in the 2014/15 season – PW/EB to formally advise Familiarising ourselves with holdings at the Whitehorse and Box Hill Historical Societies, with respect to their holdings and establishing working relationships with their management for assistance in displaying the material loaned and adding to the research depth and background on the Clubs, people, objects and ephemera relative to the BHRDCA’s history
- Establishing the type of event the 125th Committee and BHRDCA COM believe will capture the anniversary well
- Developing a ‘theme’ around the anniversary for BHRDCA paper based material – Scorebooks, Newsletters, Website etc – EB has underway
- Collating and formalising BHRDCA equivalent Honour Boards which detail… Office Bearers since 1890 Premiers & Runners up (in all grades – Snr, Jnr & Vets) since 1890
- Establishing Affiliation records for all Clubs, Grades in each season Commencing summary accounts of each season with commentary, Round by Round results and performance highlights of the season – a few examples have been completed with others being presented for review in the next month or so
- Building a basic Club history template with examples that each club can use as a model for each club to record their own club history – to be used as a component of the 125th Anniversary presentation
A couple of significant achievements have already been made by the 125th Committee.
- Locating a Photograph of the original meeting place where the BHRDCA was established
- Locating a Photograph of the original ‘Reporter Newspaper’ offices, inclusive of E.F.G. Hodges, the Associations first significant Office Bearer, standing in front of the building
- Locating BHRDCA COM Minutes 1967 – 1987 and teaming them up with their predecessors from 1913 – 1966 at the Whitehorse Historical Society
Heritage & 125th Anniversary Committee
Andy Lambert – Heritage Chair
Peter White – 125th Anniversary Chair
Michael Van Zuyden
The Box Hill Cricket Club (BHCC) are conducting a Female Information/Education Evening on Monday 14th July and free Female Cricket Academy.
BHCC aim to ensure associations, clubs and players that they are a resource to be utilised, they have first class female crickets and coaches at the ready, they are available to assist in developing junior female cricketers, who they would encouraged to continue their junior cricket with their current clubs, however giving the girls the confidence so that when they are of age have a connection to BHCC allowing them to continue their cricket into their adult years. BHCC are also the hub of female cricket when it comes to regional representation, having this established association with the players will offer greater opportunities for the girls to represent the Inner East Emus in all age groups during the state championships as well as being made aware of all other female cricket opportunities as they arise.
Check out all the details in the attached flyers.