Please note: The Australian Cricket College Presidents & Officials lunch scheduled for this Sunday (03/08/14) has been postponed. We will advise the new date when it is announced.
The next meeting will be held at East Burwood on Monday August 11 at 7:45pm.
This is an important meeting as we put forward a further tidy up of existing rules as mentioned at the AGM. There is also new club affiliations to consider and other information on upcoming events.
Welcome to season 2014-15, the 125th Anniversary Year of the BHRDCA.
Attached please find forms for
It would be greatly appreciated if you could complete same as soon as possible and get them back to me so we can update our contact records, website and start the grading process.
Note: they must be back to me by 31 July at the latest.
You will note that the U18 nominations are on the Junior Nominations Form not Senior as in the past.
The Junior Committe would also like to offer a Friday Night U16 grade again this coming season if there is sufficient interest, Ross Chambers will be broaching that with clubs soon.
If you need any further clarification or assistance with the forms (or any other matter) please do not hesitate to contact me.
Hon Sec (BHRDCA)
mob 0420 907 157
The 2014-15 cricket season is set to be the largest on record with the ICC Cricket World Cup, the fourth instalment of the KFC T20 Big Bash League, along with the Boxing Day Test providing an unrivaled opportunity to capitalise on cricket’s popularity.
The season is quickly approaching and to assist your club with its planning, the Inner East Metro Region Committee is pleased to invite you to a Region Forum. This forum will provide key information for all Inner East clubs on the following agenda items:
- Cricket Victoria Pathway Program – Inner East Emus
- MILO in2CRICKET & MILO T20 Blast
- Coach Education information
- BBL|03 season review and BBL|04 opportunities – Presented by Clint Cooper (Melbourne Stars CEO)
- Female Cricket opportunities
- Cricket Australia’s PlayCricket campaign and National Sign On Week
Where: East Burwood Reserve, Burwood Hwy, East Burwood
When: Monday, August 4, 2014
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Who: All club and association committee members, junior coordinators, coaches, volunteers and players are welcome.
To register please: click here and provide your details.
The 125th Anniversary committee, under the Chairmanship of Peter White, has met twice since the AGM, with the members of the Committee all enthusiastically involved in all manner of tasks related to the Anniversary.
In conjunction with the 125th Anniversary Committee and the COM, a theme related to the 125 key people and events of the BHRDCA’s history is being established. This will involve bio’s on the individuals selected and a synopsis on the relevance and importance of events included. These will be displayed on the night in the format of a timeline of the keys points across the association’s history.
Some of the projects and tasks undertaken to date or now underway include…
- Settling on a Date & Venue in the 2014/15 season – PW/EB to formally advise Familiarising ourselves with holdings at the Whitehorse and Box Hill Historical Societies, with respect to their holdings and establishing working relationships with their management for assistance in displaying the material loaned and adding to the research depth and background on the Clubs, people, objects and ephemera relative to the BHRDCA’s history
- Establishing the type of event the 125th Committee and BHRDCA COM believe will capture the anniversary well
- Developing a ‘theme’ around the anniversary for BHRDCA paper based material – Scorebooks, Newsletters, Website etc – EB has underway
- Collating and formalising BHRDCA equivalent Honour Boards which detail… Office Bearers since 1890 Premiers & Runners up (in all grades – Snr, Jnr & Vets) since 1890
- Establishing Affiliation records for all Clubs, Grades in each season Commencing summary accounts of each season with commentary, Round by Round results and performance highlights of the season – a few examples have been completed with others being presented for review in the next month or so
- Building a basic Club history template with examples that each club can use as a model for each club to record their own club history – to be used as a component of the 125th Anniversary presentation
A couple of significant achievements have already been made by the 125th Committee.
- Locating a Photograph of the original meeting place where the BHRDCA was established
- Locating a Photograph of the original ‘Reporter Newspaper’ offices, inclusive of E.F.G. Hodges, the Associations first significant Office Bearer, standing in front of the building
- Locating BHRDCA COM Minutes 1967 – 1987 and teaming them up with their predecessors from 1913 – 1966 at the Whitehorse Historical Society
Heritage & 125th Anniversary Committee
Andy Lambert – Heritage Chair
Peter White – 125th Anniversary Chair
Michael Van Zuyden
The Box Hill Cricket Club (BHCC) are conducting a Female Information/Education Evening on Monday 14th July and free Female Cricket Academy.
BHCC aim to ensure associations, clubs and players that they are a resource to be utilised, they have first class female crickets and coaches at the ready, they are available to assist in developing junior female cricketers, who they would encouraged to continue their junior cricket with their current clubs, however giving the girls the confidence so that when they are of age have a connection to BHCC allowing them to continue their cricket into their adult years. BHCC are also the hub of female cricket when it comes to regional representation, having this established association with the players will offer greater opportunities for the girls to represent the Inner East Emus in all age groups during the state championships as well as being made aware of all other female cricket opportunities as they arise.
Check out all the details in the attached flyers.
Attention: All U/14 and U/12 cricketers, that intend to play for a BHRDCA club this coming season:
You are invited to a free junior development session on Monday 7th July, at:
10/11 Mary Street
The session runs from 1pm to 4pm (possibly 5pm), so there is no need to be there at the start, even if you can be there for just 30 to 60 minutes.
Please bring your own cricket equipment (helmet, bat, protective gear, etc)
Qualified BHRDCA Coaches in attendance.
Please contact Ross Chambers to advise if you are able to attend, or just come along on the day.
M: 0432 660 951
Box Hill Reporter District Cricket Association Inc Minutes of the 120th Annual General Meeting of Delegates held at the Whitehorse Council, 27 May 2014.
Cricket Victoria and Cricket Australia are holding their first Winter Warmer club development sessions, titled “So you’re on the committee, now what?”
As the 2014/15 cricket season quickly approaches, all clubs are beginning their preparations for what will be the biggest summer of cricket in recent memory.
Presented by Sports Community’s Steve Pallas, this session will focus on:
- Clubs obligations under recently reformed Associations Incorporation Act
- Risk management strategies
- Importance of setting club objectives
- Attracting volunteers to your club
- Fundraising initiatives
- Social media and communication to your members and local community
Tuesday 15 July, 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Cricket Australia Boardroom, 60 Jolimont St, East Melbourne
Finger food and refreshments will be provided for guests.
Numbers are limited so please RSVP via the online form here
Further enquiries please contact Scott Tutton, Game & Market Development Manager – East 03 9653 1100 or email@example.com
At the recent AGM there were changes to the Committee of Management. Peter White replaces Peter Bain as Secretary, Ross Chambers replaces Peter White as Junior Section Manager, Dee Reid replaces Mike Dwyer as Minute Secretary and Tom Anderson replaces Tony Box as Chair of the Permits Committee.
A huge thank you to the retiring Peter Bain and Mike Dwyer. In particular Mike, BHRDCA life member, has been serving the association for more than 20 years. Mike will continue to provide the score service and Peter will continue on the permits committee.
A number of rules were approved and when the rules are updated they will be available on the website.
In the not too distant clubs will be asked to return the officials form for the current season and also nomination of sides for the coming season.
Planning is well underway for the new season at an association level, hopefully clubs are doing the same.
The BHRDCA AGM is on this coming Tuesday (27/05/14) in the Willis Room, Whitehorse Council at 8pm.
Please note this is at the Whitehorse Council NOT at the Box Hall Town Hall.
It is with deep regret I wish to advise the Association of the passing of Les Allan. Les passed away peacefully after a long illness on Saturday Morning.
Les was the Association Scorer for many, many years and will be a sadly missed by not only his Club East Burwood but by his many friends in the Association. Les was also a R.J. McIntosh Memorial Winner and a very well deserved one.
Our deepest condolences to Hazel, Penny and Dale and families.
The funeral service is at the Salvation Army, Kingsley Close, Rowville on Wednesday at 10.00 a.m. then the cortege will go to the East Burwood Ground. A private cremation will follow. Refreshments will be provided at East Burwood.
Please note the following details for the Pre-AGM and AGM:
This will be held on Tuesday April 29, 2014 at 8pm at the Willis Room, Whitehorse Council at 8pm. Any proposed rule changes need to be in the hands of the secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org – no later than 7 days before the meeting. A list of CoM proposed rule changes will be circulated prior to the meeting.
This will he held Tuesday May 27, 2014 at 8pm at the Willis Room, Whitehorse Council at 8pm.
Committee of Management.