BHRDCA UPDATE ON KOOKABURRA RAY McINTOSH SHIELD GRAND FINAL
After much deliberation and debate, the decision is not to continue day two of the game.
There has been a lot of information presented this week, and continues to be so. From Federal and State Government, peak state and national sporting bodies, other cricket associations and some of it is conflicting and varying.
The decision not to play is a unified one between the two competing clubs, umpires, host club East Burwood and the Committee of Management.
There is no right or wrong decision in the current environment and everyone has a situation that is slightly different and needs consideration.
As per the BHRDCA rules, Forest Hill CC are Kookaburra Ray McIntosh Shield premiers for 2019/20.
The CoM would especially like to acknowledge the outstanding leadership of respective clubs presidents in Andrew Grealy (HCC) and Ken Thomas (FHCC) this week in gathering as much information as possible, convening meetings and capturing all points of view within their respective clubs to arrive at a decision.
BHRDCA & COVID-19 Update
As you are aware, COVID-19 has thrown everyday life into chaos as facts are presented and recommendations made by Government, councils and national sporting bodies.
There are different views on how to manage this for sporting bodies and indeed different plans of action invoked.
A major challenge is the continually evolving information flow and the unprecedented scale of impact to our communities; be that family, work or recreational.
Self isolation, social distancing, reporting immediately if you feel unwell, increased hand sanitisation are constant messages designed to curb the spread and to help manage the virus.
Currently the BHRDCA has cancelled the President’s lunch this Saturday with an announcement on Junior Presentation night in the next 36 hours. An announcement on the Senior Presentation night will be made next week.
We are working with various bodies regarding day two of the Kookaburra Ray McIntosh Shield Grand Final this Saturday at East Burwood. We would like to be able to complete the match but also understand this possibility may be taken out of our hands.
There will be updates as soon as possible, whilst appreciating we are not necessarily the sole decision maker in most instances.
We appreciate your patience in these unheralded times and hope everyone stays safe and can look after each other.
Pat Lambert – BHRDCA Umpire
Richard Harford – Templestowe CC
Danny O’Shea – East Box Hill CC
All BHRDCA Clubs, officials & players
UPDATE: COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Health and Hygiene guidelines for Victorian cricket
As you will be aware, the World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared COVID-19 Coronavirus at pandemic level internationally.
To reduce the risk of person-to-person transmission of the Coronavirus disease, Cricket Victoria seeks the support of all people involved in the game (whether they be playing, support staff, administrators, volunteers or others) in taking note of the below actions to promote higher levels of sanitisation and individual hygiene.
At this point in time there is no advice that cancellation or postponement of these local fixtures is required, however we urge everyone involved in Victorian cricket to exercise a caution and common-sense approach to their training and match day setups.
The below measures should be put into effect now by all Victorian cricket teams to reduce the spread of all illnesses, including COVID-19:
- Hand sanitiser to be available in team rooms and players/staff encouraged to use it as well as completing hand washing prior to meals
- Players should avoid using saliva as a method of shining the cricket ball
- All players with any form of respiratory or associated illness or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 should self-isolate and report this immediately to medical staff and be quarantined from training and all matches until assessed and cleared. Players and coaches should not attend training while ill.
- Do not share drinks, towels, lip balm, sunscreen with others (bring your own)
- Limit change room and training attendance to staff who have an operational reason to be there
- Limit sharing of cricket equipment (other than the ball)
The best way to protect yourself and your family is to pay attention to good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing with a tissue, or cough into your elbow, dispose of the tissue into a bin and then wash your hands afterwards.
- Wash your hands regularly, after using the toilet and before eating.
- If you have concerns about your health, please see your doctor.
- Healthcare workers are advised to use appropriate infection prevention control measures when looking after patients.
For the latest advice and further information please visit:
Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website
Federal Health Department website
KOOKABURRA RAY MCINTOSH GRAND FINAL live stream link.
Watch from wherever you are on most devices.
Leigh Newey – East Box Hill Captain – Special Guest Co Host
Jim – Topline Cricket Sponsor
Aaron Walter – Heatherdale CC Captain
Richard Harford – Templestowe CC President
Please note MyCricket has been updated to reflect the provisional Grand Final venues for all Senior & Junior grades.
NOTE: These will be subject to Local Council approval from Boroondara, Manningham & Whitehorse Councils, which we expect to receive in the next 24 -48 hours
Good luck to all competing Clubs