COVID-19 Peak Bodies update: 4/1/21
Trust you were able to enjoy the Christmas break.
Just want to keep the communication open re any COVID logistics for the clubs, as we return back to cricket this week.
You and your teams have done a wonderful job so far enabling people to play and be part of the game, we will need everyone to be on top of their game once cricket starts again.
As we know things can move quickly with COVID. At this stage we haven’t had a sport specific update from the State Government in 2021 – but key things to note are as follows…
This returns to the recent rule where it is required indoors (social rooms / change rooms etc.) and remains recommended outdoors (especially where social distancing is an issue). It is also required on public transport and where a mini bus or car pooling are required to get to games.
NUMBER OF PEOPLE INDOORS (SOCIAL / CHANGE ROOMS)
In the days leading in to Christmas, the State Government confirmed that the rules for the number of people inside at outdoor community sport’s facilities (social rooms, change rooms etc.) can increase to 1 person per 2sqm down from the previous 1 per 4sqm. This therefore is the new normal until further notice but only for clubs who are using a QR code system to capture attendees. Those not using a QR code system must stick with the 1 per 4sqm rule. On the CV website under the COVID-19 resource section is the simple poster for use – https://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Attendance-Capacity-Poster.pdf
Social functions, team selection dinners etc remain fine to proceed
So long as clubs are sticking to density limits and liquor licence regulations (& are allowed by the local council), then social functions are fine to proceed. Ideally maximise time spent outdoors v indoors.
Other recommended protocols remain in place (and are subject to local Association rules) including:
– hands & ball sanitised at least once per 20 overs;
– no sharing of food / drinks (eg no communal food at lunch / afternoon tea);
– umpires to not touch the ball or players hats, caps, jumpers;
– bowlers to leave their cap, jumper, sunnies either over the boundary or behind the umpire at the bowlers end in line with the stumps.
We will keep the updates coming as things may change following the worsening situation in Vic & NSW over the past week or so.
Thank you, appreciate your support.
Cricket Manager East Metro
U18 Arnold Shield
Kings Park #1, Willow Road, Upper Ferntree Gully
U16 Beitzel Shield
Eildon Park #2, Tyers Cresent, Rowville
U14 Allen Shield
Wally Tew Reserve #2, Lyndale Court, Ferntree Gully
U14 Nolan Cup
Monbulk Rec Reserve, Moores Road, Monbulk
U12 Mitchell Shield
Ballyshannassy Park, Highbury Road, Burwood
U12 Josh Browne Plate
Mirrabooka West, Holland Road, Blackburn South
Meet: 9am for a 10am start
BYO: Equipment, Lunch, drinks, refreshments, sunscreen, hats, chair, hand sanitizer & wipes
The awards are supported by Federal MP for Deakin
Well done & well deserved
Due to unforeseen circumstances the VMCU Junior Trial matches scheduled for this Sunday 6th December, have all been relocated to new Venues.
- The Under 12 Trial match will now be held at Mirrabooka Reserve – West Oval (Blackburn South), with players requested to be in attendance by 8:30 a.m. for a 9.00 a.m. commencement
- The Under 14 Trial match will now be held at Ballyshannassy Park – South Oval (East Burwood), with players requested to be in attendance by 8:30 a.m. for a 9.00 a.m. commencement
- The Under 16 Trial match will now be held at Ballyshannassy Park – South Oval (East Burwood), with players requested to be in attendance by 12:00 p.m. for a 12.30 p.m. commencement
Follow up to this communication will also occur via email to all Players later this afternoon.
The BHRDCA CoM apologises for the late notice of these venue alterations.
Please note the Minutes from the 2020/21 Special General Meeting, held on 10th Nov. at Vermont CC, just before the commencement of the BHRDCA’s 130th season, are now posted in the Past Meetings folder on the Website (Club & Playing Resources > Past Meetings > 2020/21 Meetings)
Among items of note from the Meeting…
- All proposed Rule changes for the 2020/21 season were passed unanimously (inclusive of a free hit for any No Ball call in all Shield Grades (only)), and
- A shift to Online processing of Umpire Match Payments
- The approval of Affiliation Fees, Honoraria and Umpire Match Fees for 2020/21
The final and most significant decision on the night occurred, when the Delegates voted unanimously to support the bestowing of the BHRDCA’s 38th Life Membership on the current serving President; Peter Rosenthal.
Congratulations Peter on a thoroughly well deserved honour after a decade as BHRDCA President and years more contribution to the BHRDCA on and off the field.
Finally, a reminder to all Clubs, and to assist those Clubs who are e-Scoring this season please ensure your Team Selection lists are posted on MyCricket by 8.00 p.m. Friday night prior to Weekend matches and as soon as possible prior to Junior & Veterans Matches.
Good luck to all the Clubs, Teams and players for the 2020/21 season.
The BHRDCA are pleased to announce that we will be having the Junior Awards on Wednesday 11th November 2020 to be held at Topline Sports, 31 Burgess Street Bayswater, commencing at 5.00pm.
With the expectation on Sunday that there will be a further relaxation in relation to Covid-19 restrictions, yet still being mindful of social distancing, the presentation agenda will be as follows:
- Under 12 Presentation 5.00pm until 5.30pm.
- Under 14 Presentations 5.30pm until 6.00pm
- Under 16/18/Tim Moore Award/Doug Rickarby Medal and the George Murphy Memorial Award 6.00pm until 6.30pm
- Presentations will be upstairs where award winners enter and exit in separate doors
- Award winners can be accompanied with one parent
- Premiership pennants can be collected by a club representative
- Jo Fairy will take photos of all recipients so where you club top
- Please where a mask
- Any trophies that cannot be collected will be distributed to the respective clubs
The BHRDCA representatives on the evening will be Tom Anderson, Steve Flemming and Jo Fairy.
Looking forward to seeing you all with big smiles. Tom Anderson