The annual grant for shade coverings is again open, application details are below. Clubs have been successful previously which has helped to fund marquees via association sponsor Altegra. Please contact Simon via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0409 700 253 for more information.
Clubs can work with association sponsor Grant Professionals or apply independently.
Rob from Grant Professionals can be contacted on
0476 165 683 or email email@example.com
The Victorian State Government has just announced the details of the Victorian Community Sport Sector Short-term Survival Package. From our experience it appears to be a grant well worth applying for. This short-term $1,000 survival program is designed to support the ongoing operational viability of clubs throughout the COVID-19 shutdown period and beyond, ensuring organisations are equipped to recommence the delivery of their activities to the community following the lifting of restrictions.
Financial support will be provided to assist the organisation remain operational during the eligibility period, and to support readiness to return-to-play in adherence with Victorian Chief Health Officer restrictions and advice. For more information, see: https://sport.vic.gov.au/our-work/return-to-play
WHAT CAN BE APPLIED FOR?
Funding can be used for:
Please note that equipment and uniforms are not eligible to be applied for.
Wanting to apply?
If you are unaware or unsure of our terms, please note that we work on a ‘success fee’ basis to complete the grant application i.e. we will only charge your club if the application is successful. No charge for the work undertaken if the grant application is unsuccessful or for any other work / advice. Our fees are 20% of the first $1,500 of a grant won plus 15% of the remainder (+ GST).
Please note that this grant will close on the 15th June or sooner if funds are exhausted, so we would recommend that you act as soon as possible to maximise your likelihood of success.
Yours Sportingly, Omee Garcia, Grant Professionals 03 7019 8718
BHRDCA UPDATE ON KOOKABURRA RAY McINTOSH SHIELD GRAND FINAL
After much deliberation and debate, the decision is not to continue day two of the game.
There has been a lot of information presented this week, and continues to be so. From Federal and State Government, peak state and national sporting bodies, other cricket associations and some of it is conflicting and varying.
The decision not to play is a unified one between the two competing clubs, umpires, host club East Burwood and the Committee of Management.
There is no right or wrong decision in the current environment and everyone has a situation that is slightly different and needs consideration.
As per the BHRDCA rules, Forest Hill CC are Kookaburra Ray McIntosh Shield premiers for 2019/20.
The CoM would especially like to acknowledge the outstanding leadership of respective clubs presidents in Andrew Grealy (HCC) and Ken Thomas (FHCC) this week in gathering as much information as possible, convening meetings and capturing all points of view within their respective clubs to arrive at a decision.
BHRDCA & COVID-19 Update
As you are aware, COVID-19 has thrown everyday life into chaos as facts are presented and recommendations made by Government, councils and national sporting bodies.
There are different views on how to manage this for sporting bodies and indeed different plans of action invoked.
A major challenge is the continually evolving information flow and the unprecedented scale of impact to our communities; be that family, work or recreational.
Self isolation, social distancing, reporting immediately if you feel unwell, increased hand sanitisation are constant messages designed to curb the spread and to help manage the virus.
Currently the BHRDCA has cancelled the President’s lunch this Saturday with an announcement on Junior Presentation night in the next 36 hours. An announcement on the Senior Presentation night will be made next week.
We are working with various bodies regarding day two of the Kookaburra Ray McIntosh Shield Grand Final this Saturday at East Burwood. We would like to be able to complete the match but also understand this possibility may be taken out of our hands.
There will be updates as soon as possible, whilst appreciating we are not necessarily the sole decision maker in most instances.
We appreciate your patience in these unheralded times and hope everyone stays safe and can look after each other.
Pat Lambert – BHRDCA Umpire
Richard Harford – Templestowe CC
Danny O’Shea – East Box Hill CC
Leigh Newey – East Box Hill Captain – Special Guest Co Host
Jim – Topline Cricket Sponsor
Aaron Walter – Heatherdale CC Captain
Richard Harford – Templestowe CC President
Steve Flemming – BHRDCA Administrator
Germaine Symon – Laburnum CC Captain
Ben Davis – Blackburn Nth CC Captain
Ken Thomas – Forest Hill CC President
Conor Spinks – Kerrimuir CC Captain