To all Clubs & MyCricket Administrators,
Having completed all administration and closed all outstanding matches for the 2016/17 season, the administration season for MyCricket has now been set to 2017/18, as has the default MyCricket season for all BHRDCA Member Clubs.
If anyone has any issue associated with this update please contact the BHRDCA Admin. Mgr.
Look what’s happening at Topline Cricket.
This coming July School holidays Topline Cricket has the Melbourne Stars Play Cricket Zone.Inflatable fun, giveaways and Qualified Coaches. Designed for Primary School Age Children only.
It on July 11th from 10am to 3pm.
$10 per 45 min session- booking essential
Hi all, we have been emailing your clubs with lots of information in regards to upcoming GRANTS. below is the link for Stronger Communities Program – Federal Government grant, up to $20,000
please check out what’s on offer or better still contact Robert Palmaricciotti from Grant Professionals on 0476 165 683 and see how he can assist your club with an application.
INSURANCE (National Club Risk Protection Program)
- It will be done on your club’s number of teams from last season (so you don’t have to wait to see how many teams you will have this season)
- Register as early as possible – Opens from July 1st
- For all the information please go http://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/support/registration
NATIONAL SIGN UP WEEK:
- August 21st to 28th – National Media Coverage all linked to the play cricket website
PLAY CRICKET WEBSITE
- Please make sure all your details are up to date in MyCricket including game days and game types available at your club
- This website will be promoted on TV heavily during national sign up week.
IN2CRICKET & T20 BLAST REGISTRATION IS OPEN
- An email will be sent to all last season’s coordinators. If you have any questions, please let don’t hesitate to contact Clinton Kennon or the MILO in2CRICKET Helpdesk – 1800 CRICKET or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MILO T20 Blast is the perfect progression for girls & boys who have participated in the MILO in2CRICKET program, but want to develop their skills further playing real games before joining traditional junior club cricket, more information on T20 blast can be found at: http://www.playcricket.com.au/learn/t20-blast
- We would like to discuss with clubs on interest to host T20 Blast centres.
- Blackburn hosted last year on a Friday Night
- East Burwood hosted last year on a Saturday Morning
CRICKET VICTORIA GRANTS
Club Capacity Grants of up to $5000 (guidelines in your pack)for more information visit http://www.cricketvictoria.com.au/support/club-capacity-grants
- Growing girls cricket grant (closes June 19th guidelines in your pack) http://www.community.cricket.com.au/clubs/a-sport-for-all/growing-cricket-for-girls
- I have some additional information for the Girls Fund – please contact me if interested
- Find information on grants at: http://www.community.cricket.com.au/clubs/funding-and-grants
COMMUNITY COACHING COURSE (formerly level 1)
Community Coaching Courses can be held in the lead up to the cricket season.
Please contact Clinton Kennon to discuss who from your club you would like.
Coaching Accreditation will be discussed in the upcoming season
- Please book online at: http://community.cricket.com.au/coach/
SCHOOL CLINICS & CONTACTS
- Schools have be contacted and offered either a school clinic, school assembly visit or school gateway giveaway.
- If you have an existing relationship with a school or need the contact details for your local school please email
me and we can discuss the details, this is a crucial partnership all clubs need to foster.
T20 BLAST SCHOOL CUPS
- Term 1 & Term 4 (majority are held in term 1)
- Representation from Clubs at these events would be great – Happy to discuss further
- In Negotiation with McDonalds to provide each club with a new Helmet
- Please discuss further with Clinton Kennon
MELBOURNE STARS CLUB SIGN UP (discounted membership)
- Sign up 20 Stars Members and you can win $10k
- 5 clubs who sign up the most members could win $1000
- 3 x Framed, signed jersey selected at random
- All clubs who sign up 20 or members receive a signed bat or signed team print
- Follow the link below:-
SOCIAL MEDIA & VALUABLE WEB SITES
- Club info: http://www.community.cricket.com.au/
- Club info: http://playcricket.com.au
- Melb Stars: melbournestars.com.au
- Help Desk: 1800 CRICKET (1800 274 25 38
If you need assistance with any of the above programs please contact:
Inner East Regional Manager
Mobile: 0473 040 593
Hosted by Our Level 3 Accredited Coach Scott McNaughton
and Matt Fotia & Team
If you are tired of writing applications or don’t have the time or experience to write them (like most clubs) but don’t want to miss out on thousands of dollars annually then we recommend that you consider outsourcing this task to Robert at Grant Professionals.
We will continue to share information to clubs about grants available, but can we suggest that you hand this task over to Robert. Continuing to do nothing will ensure you continue to miss out on thousands of dollars.
We welcome Robert from ‘Grants Professional’ as a BHRDCA partner this coming season.He will be presenting a 5 minute information session at the upcoming AGM on Monday 29th at East Burwood CC. We encourage all clubs to take advantage of Robert’s knowledge of grant applications and dealing with local government.
Topline in partnership with Scott McNaughton is very pleased to offer a COACHING the COACHES Program.
This will be a comprehensive, active and engaging course perfect for anyone aspiring to develop their Cricket Coaching skills.
With only 12 places available we would encourage you to email us your booking promptly.
FINAL EPISODE FOR SEASON
Mark Jones – EBCC
Rob Bartlett – EBCC
The Heritage Committee has delved into BHRDCA history and provided the record of bowlers who have taken 8 wickets in the Senior Grade Grand Final.
Mark Jones effort in the “X Golf Knox” Ray McIntosh Shield Grand Final have made him the first bowler in 127 years to have performed the feat twice in different Grand Finals – with acknowledgement to Canterbury legend; Harry Swan, who backed up 8/81 in the 1st Innings with the same figures in the second Innings of the 1931/32 Grand Final vs. Box Hill!
8/42 Mark Jones (East Burwood) vs. Vermont (2016/17)
8/56 Mark Jones (East Burwood-Bennettswood) vs. Vermont (1998/99)
8/42 Russell Baird (Nunawading) vs. Doncaster Footballers (1973/74)
8/24 Norm Mullens (East Burwood) vs. East Doncaster (1952/53)
8/52 Henry Wilson (Blackburn) vs. Mitcham (1932/33)
8/81 Harry Swan (Canterbury) vs. Box Hill 1st Innings (1931/32)
8/81 Harry Swan (Canterbury) vs. Box Hill 2nd Innings (1931/32)
8/44 Cedric Crouch (Doncaster) vs. Box Hill (1920/21)
8/46 Lou Barelli (Mitcham) vs. Canterbury (1909/10)
Other records associated with the BHRDCA’s long history can be found under the Heritage tab on this website.
Ben Davis – Blackburn Nth CC
Leigh Parsons – Yarraleen CC